Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thrifted Goodness

So, one of the upsides of Compacting has been that I've become quite a hawk in the thrift store, if I do say so myself. Behold, today's bounty of thrifted goodies:

Photobucket

We have:

-A ton of kid books, some for us, some for gifts. I could have walked out with twice as many. It was a good day for second-hand books.
-Two mama tees, because I recently came to the sad realization that I have spent two of the last three summers in the advanced stages of pregnancy, and the other one I was just plain fat, so new shirts were in order!
-Two glass canisters that say "Macaroni". I find this hysterical. Apparently, the labels weren't a selling feature for the general Goodwill crowd, as they were marked at a much lower price than I generally find canisters. They will not hold macaroni. They'll go in the bathroom, to hold Q-tips and cotton balls. Naturally.
-A "Piping in the Haggis" tea towel. C'mon, now! I, being a generous soul, am planning to give this treasure away to a good friend as a gift. I'm very tempted to keep it, though. Very tempted. I think I'm going to have to hide it from myself.

And I scored all of these amazing finds with two littles in tow. Cue superhero theme music!

No comments: