Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Goodwill sweaters: run for your lives!

Here is the result of an energetic night of sewing:

Photobucket

Some diaper pants for Lucy, and a pair of mittens for a good friend (a VERY belated holiday gift - oops). One of the mittens had a hole in it, so I mended it and sewed a couple of cute Freecycled buttons on top. Bye bye sweaters! Actually, the sweater I tore into for the mittens has been used for a number of craft projects so far. The arms were made into pants for Lu, and I embellished a knitted soaker with a big applique cut from the front. Not bad for a $4 sweater, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Erica S. Maniez said...

Oooooh, look at you with the fancy blog labels and everything! I'm impressed with your creation. I need to attack the remainder of my felted sweater to make a soaker...